The Law Offices of Peter Stanwyck represents employers in a variety employment law issues:
● What are the rules and risks pertaining hiring workers as independent contractors rather than employees and preparing written Independent Contractor Agreements.
● Which employees may be qualified as Exempt rather than Non-Exempt and what effect those different classification have on the employment relationship.
● Written Employment Agreements and the importance of “At-Will” employment.
● Assisting Employers in developing and documenting appropriate vacation, sick leave, holiday and health insurance policies as well as profit sharing and ownership incentives.
● Employee Handbooks.
● Representing employers in claims brought before the Labor Commissioner, the EDD or in court relating.
● Developing effective policies and strategies for avoiding wage and hor claims.
● Complying with labor code requirements relating to overtime, lunch, breaks, tip policy, paychecks, etc.
● Guiding employers through the process of terminating an employee.
● Developing policies for avoiding harassment and discrimination claims and providing representation if claims are made.
● Restaurant employer tipping issues, and challenges related to breaks and lunch.
Peter Stanwyck is an Oakland, California Attorney, representing clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area Counties, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, Sam Mateo, Santa Clara and Marin. We represent businesses throughout California, as well as national and international clients with business interests in California.